Landscape architecture education in Turkey began in 1933 with the establishment of “Ornamental Plants Branch” within the Higher Agriculture Institute. With the establishment of Ankara University in 1946, the education of landscape architecture continued as “Garden Architecture and Afforestation Profesorship” within the Faculty of Agriculture. As a result of the growing interest on environment and landscape, Department of Landscape Architecture was established in 1968 along with other 10 departments in the faculty, and the department graduated its first students in 1973. Starting from June 1990, the graduates are honored with the Landscape Architect degree despite the location in the Faculty of Agriculture.